What cuts can I get from a side of beef?
Vermont Natural Beef are expert farmers and employ expert butchers who can guide and advise you through the whole process from side of beef to table! They’ll even give you some amazing traditional recipes so you can enjoy the grass fed flavor of their organic, sustainable natural beef.
So, what is a 'Cuts Sheet’? Sounds complicated, right..? Well actually, not at all - it’s very simply a diagram of a cow with the cuts of beef clearly labelled. Something we all need to know so that we really can get the best out of our side of beef.
Vermont Natural Beef recommends that we print a copy of their Beef Cuts Order Sheet so that you can be sure you’re happy with the cuts of natural beef you’re going to receive.
What You’ll Receive
- A side of Vermont Natural Beef that weighs around 250-350Lbs. You can decide if you would prefer a smaller or larger side. Depending on the type of cuts (Specifically bone in vs boneless) the yield may change.
- One side of beef provides you with: the round, the chuck, one flank, one tenderloin and one complete rib (did ya’ll use the beef cut sheet above for that list? I certainly did!).
- You can personally choose how you would like your side of beef cut AND Vermont Natural Beef’s butchers will help you go over your options to make sure it is absolutely right for you and your family
The benefits of choosing a Vermont Natural Beef side of natural beef
Not only are you buying into sustainable, grass fed organic beef with incredibly high welfare standards but there are other amazing benefits such as:
- A pasture raised, grass fed side of beef has up to 5 times more CLA (Conjugated Linoleic Acid). Research is showing this to be a natural defense to cancer!! Compare that to the hormone and antibiotic treated cattle of feedlots! A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.
- Vermont Natural Beef employ butchers which are USDA inspected, meaning VERY high standards
- You’ll end up with a freezer full of delicious vacuum packed goodies that will last you a year and delight you every time you cook.